And, if you’ve completed exercises 1-6 you have…
- A clear brand mission: You’ve clearly defined your brand, using as few words as you can.
- A purpose-driven brand: You’ve given your brand purpose by articulating Why you’re in business. Purpose is not just about your business. It’s about you—what you love, your values, and what excites you.
- Your brand vision: This is where you clearly articulated How you are going to help your ideal customer.
- Your brand master plan: You have detailed exactly What your brand will deliver.
- A creative brief: You’ve put together all the source material from steps 1-4, and created a mission critical document that outlines a creative direction for your brand.
- You’ve started to lay out your ongoing story: You’ve detailed your ideal customer’s pain, outlined topic ideas centered around it, and decided which online channels you will use to reach them, to tell this story again and again.
To me, these are the initial 6 steps needed to bring your brand to life. And great content (your ongoing story) is key to making this all work.
And, as you use content to drive deeper engagement, everything you create should be crafted to engage and win over your ideal client. The copy you write should be continually written with your customers and ideal prospects in mind—to bring them into a more engaged relationship with your brand.
So, as a bonus, here is a link to my eBook “You Don’t Need Fans, You Need Customers”.
You can also go to my branding worksheets page and click on “You Don’t Need Fans, You Need Customers”.
In the book I’ve enlisted 25 online marketing pros to help you. They have generously offered their own sage advice when it comes to attracting and retaining customers online.
And if your goal is to attract and retain paying customers, take a close look at what each entrepreneur in this book has to say.
Stay tuned for more detailed posts on creating an effective marketing system around your brand. If you can’t wait for that series of marketing posts, dive right into The 7 Steps to Small Business Marketing Success.
Do you want to bring your brand to life? Taking a few minutes to complete our brand audit will help you think about your current marketing efforts and what might need to change. It will also help me suggest several ways to improve your branding and marketing now: Brand audit.
After you complete the form, we’ll contact you to schedule a time to go over the results and see how we can help.
If you are interested in learning more about our branding and marketing process, sign up for my email list below.